Let’s face it, treating SIBO and adopting a strict low FODMAP protocol isn’t the easiest approach to uphold without a good stash of recipes under your belt. Here at TNN it’s our mission to make your life easier and get results as soon as possible when treating gut conditions so we are going to start sharing delicious options over the coming weeks – this one is for all our SIBO followers and anyone who loves a slice of carrot cake!
Ingredients (Makes 5 muffins)
1/4 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
3 eggs, free range, lightly beaten
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 organic vanilla powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder, gluten-free
2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, ground
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Pinch of sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, and rice malt syrup. Stir until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients including vanilla, flour, baking powder and spices.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
5. Stir through carrot and walnuts before transferring into lightly greased muffin trays.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes of until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Serve warm with a dollop of grass-fed butter.
Recipe supplied by the Natural Nutritionist